BATboy Burgers – AKA Bacon Avocado and Turkey – inspired by a really very random musical.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you we can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Up until this week, the only thing I knew about Batboy was that it was performed by a society that all your Cabernet team used to belong to. But none of us were part of it or even saw it. Which doesn’t make for a very interesting blog post.
However, with a little research (well, not MY research, I have editors to do that for me), I/we discovered that this rock musical is based on a 1992 news story about a creature that was half-boy and half-bat, who grew up living in a cave.
And frankly, (not a reference to Sinatra – for once HE’s not involved in this recipe), that’s all you probably want or need to know. So to fill in the time until I can talk about the burger, here’s a link to a compilation of Swedish Chef videos.
Right. Back with us? Here we go.
Here’s a BAT burger, which is an acronym for Bacon, Avocado and Turkey. Mix it all together, make patties, cook them, serve them in a bun with mayo and green things. Job done.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 ripe avocado, skin and stone removed, then chopped
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- Add the turkey, garlic, salt and pepper to a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Next, add the avocado and pulse a few times until it is mixed into the turkey.
- Finally add the bacon and pulse just twice.
- Remove the mixture from the food processor and form it into four burgers. Cook on the grill or grill pan until fully cooked.
- Serve with lettuce, mayonnaise, and a burger bun. Bat decorations are optional.
Added bonus: here a link to a video of raining burgers!