I’m jist a girl who carrot say no, carrot seem to say it at all…
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you we can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
The song I Cain’t Say No is from the Rodgers and Hammerstein musical Oklahoma. Sung by the character Ado Annie Carnes (played by Gloria Grahame in the 1955 movie version), the song is about the trouble she has refusing advances from men.
I’m jist a girl who cain’t say ‘no’
Kissin’s my favorite food!
With or without the mistletoe
I’m in a holiday mood!
Well the recipe I have for you today may not be “kissin'”, but it is a VERY tasty side dish that works perfectly with roast meat or fish. I bet you carrot say no to second helpings!!!
Peel the carrots and cut them into batons. Place them into a large zip top bag together with olive oil, garlic paste, grated Parmesan cheese, salt and black pepper. Shake everything around until the carrots are fully coated, then spread them out onto a baking sheet lined with foil.
Roast them in a preheated oven for 20 minutes or until tender. Transfer them to a serving plate and garnish with chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley. Or, like me, you could just leave the parsley on the chopping board to be discovered after you have finished the meal. Ahem.
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and cut into batons
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and black pepper
- chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 380F.
- Place all the ingredients apart from the parsley into a large zip top bag. Shake everything around until the carrots are fully coated, then spread them out onto a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Roast them for 20 minutes or until tender. Transfer them to a serving plate and garnish with chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley.