Somewhere over the rainbow trout… veggies are cooked… Enjoy this recipe inspired by The Wizard of Oz!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you we can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Somewhere Over the Rainbow is a classic song from The Wizard of Oz, a movie musical released in 1939. Somewhere Over the Rainbow, a ballad sung by Judy Garland, won an Academy Award for Best Original Song, and has been re-recorded by MANY artists over the years, as well as being available as wall art, as a pillow case, and of course, as a Christmas ornament.
Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true
This beautiful song is filled with hope, just like I am hoping you’ll like this rainbow trout recipe! All you need is some filleted fish, some herbs, a lemon, and some veggies that don’t take too long to roast! I’ve thrown everything together on a sheet pan so that all those beautiful colors blend together. Well, that, and the fact that it’s easier that way.
Line a sheet pan with foil, and lightly spray with olive oil. Open up the filleted rainbow trout and add fresh herbs (I used oregano and flat-leaf parsley), some strips of green onion, and slices of lemon. Close up both fish and place them in the center of the pan.
Add vegetables around the fish. Here I’ve used small broccoli florets, cherry tomatoes, green onion and sliced zucchini – but feel free to adapt to whatever you like or whatever you have in the kitchen. Sprinkle everything with olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
Roast in a preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until the fish is cooked.
Serve with bread on the side to mop up those amazing flavors. Or, if you prefer, a rainbow.
- olive oil spray
- 2 rainbow trout, filleted
- fresh herbs, eg oregano, flat-leaf parsley, chives
- green onions
- lemon slices
- mixed vegetables, eg small broccoli florets, cherry tomatoes, sliced zucchini
- olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 380F.
- Line a sheet pan with foil, and lightly spray with olive oil.
- Open up the trout and add fresh herbs, strips of green onion, and slices of lemon. Close up both fish and place them in the center of the pan.
- Add vegetables around the fish. Sprinkle everything with olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Roast in a preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until the fish is cooked.