The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you we can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
So why is there a stranger in with these paradishes? Well I’ve added bacon, which I’m pretty sure would not have been acceptable in Baghdad, where Kismet is set. So it could be classed as a stranger. Alternatively, if you take the song out of context, then anything to do with paradise has to include bacon. Or, perhaps I just like adding bacon to every recipe. Take your pick as to which was my mindset for this dish…
Trim and halve the radishes. Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray, then add the radishes. (BTW my husband laughs every time I say the word “radish”. Possibly because he has a certain Blackadder sketch in mind…)
Chop up some soft-cooked bacon (you don’t want it crispy, but if that’s all you’ve got, add it at the end of the cooking time). Add the bacon to the radishes, together with melted butter and seasoning.
Roast in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the radishes are tender. Serves 4 as a side dish.
All lost in a wonderlandA stranger in paradise
- 1lb radishes
- non-stick spray
- 4 slices soft-cooked bacon
- 2 tbs melted butter
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F (200C).
- Trim and halve the radishes. Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray, then add the radishes.
- Chop up the bacon and add it to the radishes, together with the melted butter and seasoning.
- Roast in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the radishes are tender.