We Are The Champignons, my friends….
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you we can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
We are the champions, my friends,
And we’ll keep on fighting ’til the end.
The song has also been recorded by the cast of Glee, a Crazy Frog, Liza Minnelli, the cast of Avenue Q, Jimmy Fallon, the High Oaks Symphony Pop Orchestra and a German Shepherd dog. I was unable to find evidence that the Muppets had ever recorded it, unfortunately. Just Bohemiam Rhapsody…
So this “champion” recipe is more about simplicity than complexity. The smell of mushrooms slow cooking in butter is a fantastic aroma that fills your whole house – it’s one of my favorites! To this I have added a touch of soy sauce at the end of the cooking time, which provides saltiness and umami. So try this super easy recipe – it’s a winner! 🙂
Melt some butter in a large pan and add a little olive oil. Add some quartered white mushrooms and finely chopped green onions and stir well. Cook over a low-medium heat until the mushrooms are soft. Add in some soy sauce, cook for a few minutes longer, then season with salt and black pepper. Serve with a garnish of fresh flat-leaf parsley.
- 3 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 lb white mushrooms, cleaned and cut into quarters
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- salt and black pepper
- fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- Melt the butter in a large pan and add the olive oil. Add the white mushrooms and green onions and stir well. Cook over a low-medium heat until the mushrooms are soft.
- Add in the soy sauce, cook for a few minutes longer, then season with salt and black pepper.
- Garnish with fresh flat-leaf parsley, and serve.