I Won’t Send Rosé sorbet because it would melt! A refreshing rosé wine and raspberry dessert inspired by the musical Mack & Mabel.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I Won’t Send Roses is sung by Mack, to Mabel. He’s being honest with her and trying to manage her expectations, by explaining that he’s not thoughtful or romantic.
I won’t send rosesOr hold the doorI won’t rememberWhich dress you wore
I won’t send roséAnd rosé suits you so!
for the puree
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
for the sorbet
- 2 cups rosé wine
- 1 cup water
- fresh raspberries, to garnish
- To make the raspberry puree, add fresh raspberries, water, and sugar to a small saucepan and cook over a medium heat until the raspberries have broken down completely and only the seeds remain.
- Remove from the heat, let cool, then push the mixture through a sieve or strainer. Discard the seeds and keep the puree in the fridge until needed.
- To make the sorbet, mix together rosé wine, water, and the raspberry puree. Transfer to an ice cream maker or make it granita style (see separate instructions).
- Garnish with fresh raspberries.