Welcome to summer! The sun is shining, the weather is warm, and kids are itching to get outside and have some fun. If you’re looking for wet and wild summer activities for your kids, you’ve come to the right place. In this blog post, we’ll explore some exciting water-based activities that are perfect for keeping your little ones entertained and cool during those hot summer days. So grab your swimsuits and towels, because it’s time to dive into some fun!
Water Balloon Dodgeball
Water balloon dodgeball is a thrilling game that combines the fun of dodgeball with the refreshing splash of water balloons. Here’s how to play:
- Divide the kids into two teams.
- Give each team an equal number of water balloons.
- Set up a boundary for the game.
- Let the water balloon madness begin!
Important note: Make sure to establish some ground rules to ensure a safe and fair game. For example, no aiming for the face and no throwing water balloons from close range.
Slip ‘n Slide
Slip ‘n slides are a classic summer activity that guarantees hours of laughter and excitement. To set up your own slip ‘n slide:
- Find a flat area in your backyard.
- Lay out a large tarp or plastic sheet.
- Secure the edges of the tarp with stakes or heavy objects.
- Turn on the garden hose and let the water flow down the slide.
- Get ready for some slippery sliding fun!
Important note: Make sure to check the area for any rocks or sharp objects before setting up the slip ‘n slide to avoid any accidents.
Sponge Relay Race
The sponge relay race is a fantastic way to cool off while having a blast with friends. Here’s how to organize this water-filled race:
- Create two teams and set up a start and finish line.
- Fill up a bucket with water and place it at the starting line for each team.
- Give the first person in each team a large sponge.
- When the race begins, the first person dips their sponge into the water bucket, runs to the finish line, and squeezes the water into a bucket.
- The next person in line repeats the process until one team fills their bucket first.
Important note: Remind the kids to be careful while running to avoid slipping on wet surfaces.
Watermelon Eating Contest
What better way to cool down and have a tasty treat than with a watermelon eating contest? Here’s how to host your own:
- Cut several slices of watermelon, making sure each slice has a manageable size.
- Have each participant sit in a designated area.
- On your mark, get set, go! The participants race to eat their slice of watermelon as quickly as possible.
- The first person to finish their slice wins!
Important note: Be mindful of any participants with food allergies and provide alternative treats if needed.
So there you have it, a list of wet and wild summer activities that are sure to keep your kids entertained and refreshed throughout the season. Whether it’s water balloon dodgeball, slip ‘n slides, sponge relay races, or watermelon eating contests, these activities will create lasting memories for your little ones. So go ahead, embrace the summer sun, and make a splash!